POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : QTVR panoramas: conclusion and examples : Re: QTVR panoramas: conclusion and examples Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QTVR panoramas: conclusion and examples
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 6 Jul 2003 05:10:33
Message: <3f07e789@news.povray.org>

3f07c079$1@news.povray.org...
> Great!  Is there a chance that you will post a even more detailed high res
> version so one can zoom in and look at all the details?

Why not? To get a panorama like this the image is already 3000*1500. I'd
need something like 12000*6000...
It's much more work though, because I'll need much higher radiosity for some
of the parts otherwise the Poser folks will just look like they have some
skin disease. I had this problem with the still version and I had to go
through the painstaking process of using masks to insert high radiosity
versions of the characters into the low rad version of the rest of the
scene. Well if I can find the time I'll have a look.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com